Can't install (nor use) nautilus themes

I'm using nautilus 2.2.1 and I can't install new themes or even choose an existing one. In this version, the preferences window shows very few options to change and it displays only 4 tabls (View, Behavior, Icon Captions and Preview). I can't even change fonts and other things I could change in older versions. Here is a screenshot:

www-alumnos.qro.itesm.mx/~al880075/screenshot/nautilus-prefs.png

How can I install themes now? what is the config file I neet to change to install (and choose) themes manually? is there something wrong with this version? do I need to install or upgrade something to be able to install and use themes?

Thanks in advance

Miguel Angel