Re: Adding a new menu

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 21:24, Mike Jones wrote:
> I am using RH 9 and Gnome.  I am trying to add a new menu item and
> follow the instructions in the Gnome help files to do this...
>
> Open a nautilus window and do a "go=>start here=>applications=>new
> folder"
>
> I always receive the following error:
>
> "unsupported operation" creating new folder

I don't think that menu editing with Nautilus work in RedHat 9 (at least
it doesn't for me), possibly because RedHat patches the menu system.

You'll have to edit some files by hand, at least on stock Gnome it
should be enough to create a launcher (a/k/a desktop file) and move it
to /usr/share/applications. You'll probably need to edit the Categories
field to make the item appear in the right place, look at the other
desktop files for examples.

--
    Håvard

havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||+47 93 84 64 68
All it takes to start an avalanche is one snowflake||Or a snowboarder
     Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrap? un Fraggle!