Re: The future direction of the Nautilus UI)

One last thing and I'll quick babiling on this.

I think the single most important question we need to ask when making this
decision is "Who is our intended user base?" Without answering this I think
it is next to impossible to make a decision on this issue.

Hackers:
For hackers the browser ui is more than satisfactory since they are familiar
with the unix directory hierarchy. However hackers could probably be just as
satisfied with MC or even the shell.

Home and Office Users (non-technical):
This is the group where a OO design would probably be the most beneficial.
This group of users has minimal computer skills/background, and is most
likely not interested in understanding the internals of the computer, they
just want to get their work done as easily as possible.

dave