Re: PATCH: Bug 82463

On 2 Sep 2002, Calum Benson wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:10, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > Some people suggested renaming New window to "Open Home dir" or something.
> > I think this misses the point of the operation. You open a new window
> > because you need another one to manipulate files. The fact that it opens
> > the default directory is a byproduct
>
> I'm not convinced it is a byproduct, it's a key point-- because it
> doesn't really do what you expect.  If I'm looking at the contents of a
> folder, click on its background and select "New Window", I expect
> another view of the same folder (just like I get another view of the
> same file in GIMP or the same page in Galeon if I select New Window),
> not some other completely unrelated directory.

A fine comment, but orthogonal to the naming issue. If we change it to
open in the same dir (which seems sane to me), do you still want to rename
it (to "Open this dir in new window" or something)?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a deeply religious overambitious werewolf on a search for his missing
sister. She's a wealthy motormouth mercenary with a song in her heart and a
spring in her step. They fight crime!