Re: Status of medusa?

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 13:31, Rebecca Schulman wrote:
> >> I've been trying to install medusa from cvs with the aim of getting
> >> something like I had running under gnome 1.4, and tinkering with it for
> >> my current gnome2 setup.
> >>
> >> What branch should I be using? gnome-2-branch?
> >
> > I assume cvs head. Not sure though. There was no gnome2 release of
> > medusa and the gnome-2 branches have been basically used for 2.0.x
> > stable releases.
>
> CVS head is the best branch to use.  Medusa head should be mostly  with
> gnome 2.0, according to Seth, although I haven't had a chance to try
> this myself (I don't have Gnome 2.0)

Sad to hear that.  I checked out HEAD first.  I had to make a few label
adjustments to the switch statement in
x_screensaver_check_for_idle_status_changes to get it to compile under
RedHat 8's gcc 3.  After compilation, I had medusa-indexd, but no
medusa-searchd.

I'll tinker some more with HEAD tonight.  The medusa-indexd gets a fatal
error in the gnome-2-branch branch

--
__C U R T I S  C. H O V E Y__________________
chovey cox net