Re: Status of medusa?

Dave Bordoley wrote:

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 12:29, Curtis C. Hovey wrote:

I've been trying to install medusa from cvs with the aim of getting
something like I had running under gnome 1.4, and tinkering with it for
my current gnome2 setup.

What branch should I be using? gnome-2-branch?

I assume cvs head. Not sure though. There was no gnome2 release of
medusa and the gnome-2 branches have been basically used for 2.0.x
stable releases.

CVS head is the best branch to use. Medusa head should be mostly with gnome 2.0, according to Seth, although I haven't had a chance to try this myself (I don't have Gnome 2.0)

Is anyone else tinkering with medusa?

I'm still the maintainer, although I've been busy enough that I've worked on it very little in the past few months.
I'd still be happy to review and apply patches, however.
There are also some plans for improving it, including reintegrating it with nautilus now that the security issues have been removed (Medusa no longer runs as root)

Best,
Rebecca