Re: [patch] Bug #95116 'Empty Trash' should only appear in the Trash View

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 11:58, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 16:29, Dave Bordoley wrote:
>
> > I'm pretty sure the hig states to not include menu
> > entries that are always insensitive too.
>
> It does, but then again all you need to do is type "trash://" in the
> location bar and it would magically become active again :)

how many people do that? More likely is go => trash :)

> Was this really a ui-review recommendation?  I can't say I remember it
> off-hand...

Yeah, it was:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=8678

Main Window -
============
Script needs mnemonic
Move 'Show Trash' to 'Go'menu with s/Show Trash/Trash
'Move to Trash' should be in the 'Edit Menu'
'Empty Trash' should only appear in the Trash View

I personally favor the change, because as I said before this only
applies to one folder in the whole nautilus ui. To be honest in my
experience at least, I find that i typically right click on the trash =>
'empty trash' to empty it. When viewing the trash in a folder view, i'm
usually trying to undelete.

But i won't make to big of a fuss if you leave it either :)

dave