Re: [patch] Bug #95116 'Empty Trash' should only appear in the Trash View

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 11:12, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2002, Jan Arne Petersen wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >
> > this patch shows "File->Empty Trash" only in the "trash:" folder.
>
> I don't agree with this. It hides the empty trash operation in a way that
> can make it hard to find.
>
> Does anyone know the ui reviews argument for this change?

If you buy the OO argument, I believe the argument for this would be
that it only applies to one data object in the whole nautilus UI (the
trash folder), so it should not be in the file menu of folder objects it
never applies too. I'm pretty sure the hig states to not include menu
entries that are always insensitive too.

dave