Re: desktop font + PATCH for 82565
- From: Joschi <joschi eds org>
- To: Dave Bordoley <bordoley msu edu>
- Cc: David Watson <dwatson cs ucr edu>, Frank Worsley <fworsley shaw ca>, Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Chris Heywood <psych28 dingoblue net au>, nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: desktop font + PATCH for 82565
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:12:56 -0700
this seems to me to be the most graceful solution that i've heard so
On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 20:10, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> Here's an idea:
> Maybe the default zoom level should always use the default font.
> On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 22:02, David Watson wrote:
> > If the fonts don't get smaller at the lower zoom levels then at some point
> > (e.g. at 25%) the fonts will be huge in comparison to the icons. This
> > will be essentially the same problem you see now, only it will occur at a
> > different zoom level.
> > As far as I can see we have 3 options:
> > a) Tell the user to use a different theme or font.
> > b) Allow the theme to influence the rate at which fonts get bigger or
> > smaller.
> > c) Create a preference which allows the user to specify the zoom level
> > at which the default font size will be used.
> > a) is lame (but easy :), b) won't entirely fix the problem (someone
> > somewhere won't like the default) and c) basically replaces the
> > functionality that we removed with an accessibility friendly variant.
> nautilus-list mailing list
> nautilus-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev