Re: toolbar issues

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 17:59, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > > Yeah. I'd love this. We're in a UI freeze, but perhaps we can get this one
> > > thing past the release team. Hopefully it fixes the stupid
> > > theme-background fuckup on the forward and back buttons too.
> >
> > 	Guys, it's _Really_ unclear to me how the vague proposal above "having
> > an arrow button next to their undo/redo buttons ..." actually maps to
> > any concrete proposal whatsoever.
>
> Did you look at the more concrete patch that implemented it?

	Nope, didn't see it.

	Incidentally the whole point of that 'fuckup' is that if you want funky
functionality, you have to put it in the toolbar as a control -
otherwise you just busted the whole point of the interface, and it'll
never work out of proc. Thus the API forces you to do it right.

> I'd rather not have to constantly modify the xml when the history list
> changes. But it makes sense to have some sort of support for this in
> bonoboui.

	Perhaps in 2.2, for now Jorn's solution seems good to me.

	Regards,

		Michael.