Re: [Nautilus-list] re: Desktop folder

David Moles wrote:

On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 13:01, Ben Ford wrote:

Wouldn't that be a little disgusting to have show up all over your desktop . . . . .

That's a little disgusting to have show up all over my home directory,
let alone my desktop. That is not a well-behaved application.

That said, is there a setting you can change that will stop it from
doing that? Is that a result of saving "Finances.gnucash" in the default location ($HOME), or is it something that happens regardless?

I cannot find any settings to change. I thought that maybe it was a logging or debugging option, but none to be found. Yes, I saved in the default ($HOME) and I assume that it will save these files wherever I save Finances.gnucash

-b

--
So, make a real effort to avoid getting sucked into all the expensive
lifestyle habits of typical Americans.  Because if you do that, then