Re: [Nautilus-list] Launch feedback for GNOME2

George Farris <george gmsys com> writes:
> Just wondering if application launch feedback will be available
> in GNOME2 with Nautilus?  KDE seems to have very nice launch feedback
> and while I use only GNOME it seems to be a bit of a stumbling block
> for students.
>
> Hopefully GNOME2 will have solid application launch feedback from
> both the panel and Nautilus.
>
> Comments?

Well we really need to do this in sync with KDE because it involves
application modifications and we need all apps to support a single
protocol. I've investigated the problem pretty thoroughly and even
started implementing, but it's on the back burner for now because
other things are higher in my priority queue.

If anyone wanted to work on it I'm happy to send them what I have and
update them on the status.

I'd be really surprised to see it in GNOME 2.0.0 but I'd expect it to
happen shortly thereafter.

Havoc