Re: [Nautilus-list] misc. bits ...

On 3/7/02 6:12 AM, "Michael Meeks" <michael ximian com> wrote:

> I just committed a few things, firstly there may be a bug open against
> this - there is a race when opening a new window that can result in the
> sidebar swallowing the whole area - that's now fixed [ and I've added
> some code to improve the sizing / re-rendering efficiency of the sidebar
> ].

Sounds good.

> I've also squashed the disproportionately annoying nautilus-news debug
> spew from parsing bad rdf files, and

> I did something slightly
> controversial genericising nautilus-view-standard-main to manfacture
> BonoboObjects - mainly because I want to add some more uber-robust
> component cleanup stuff in there that applies to everything not just
> nautilus views - including the throbber :-)

Sounds like the throbber is the *only* case like this in nautilus; we don't
have any other non-NautilusView components, do we? The question that comes
to mind for me is that if this really is needed for "everything", then
shouldn't it be in bonobo rather than nautilus?

> I also re-enabled the multi-display code in bonobo-activation and gave
> it a good testing - it appears to work fine now, for reasons unknown -
> which is somewhat worrying, however I'm sure any bugs will re-surface
> and get clobbered as/when the arise - for now nautilus works fine for me
> on multiple displays.

That's great! Wonder why it never worked in Nautilus 1.

> I also made throbber activation asynchronous, which should help speed
> up the new window creation process.

OK.

    -- Darin