[Nautilus-list] nautilus and gnome-vfs

While reading the recent thread about .desktop file editing in Nautilus,
it occurred to me that the desktop itself should probably be a gnome-vfs
URI (desktop:/// anyone?) so I actually took the five minutes to add to
the libdesktop module in gnome-vfs (the appropriate change in nautilus
was similarly trivial), in fact the changes were so simple (and come
with so many other potential benefits, like, say administrator mandated
desktop items -- has some drawback, but I digress) without impacting
Nautilus' ability to "Use Home Directory as Desktop" that I figured I'd
ask why before submitting the appropriate patches ...

--Shahms