Re: [Nautilus-list] Handling Nautilus in bugzilla

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 12:06:03AM -0500, Alex Larsson wrote:

> So, i propose that we split the nautilus module into a two modules, called
> perhaps nautilus1 and nautilus2, or maybe nautilus and nautilus1. Then we
> move all the GNOME2 marked bugs to nautilus2 and the rest to nautilus1.
>
> This way we can use bugzilla effectively for nautilus2, and we don't lose
> the open bugs against nautilus1. Then we can slowly progress through the
> nautilus1 bugs and move the ones that affect nautilus2 to the nautilus2
> module as time goes by.

First, I would say that whatever makes bugzilla work for you in
getting Nautilus under control is what we should do. However, we
already have two overlapping designations to distinguish GNOME 2
Nautilus bugs that we've already tried to implement (obviously with
only limited success). First, Darin has long used the milestone label
"1.1.x" to distinguish bugs that needed to be fixed for GNOME
2. Second, Louie added the "GNOME2" keyword. Those are the two
designators that I've been trying to use as I categorize incoming
Nautilus bugs.[1]

Is there some reason we shouldn't use those two designations to
distinguish GNOME 2 Nautilus bugs?

Cheers,

John

[1] Not to complicate things, but we also have the "old" milestone,
which is musty old bugs from the Eazel days, most of which are either
enhancement requests or code tweaking "FIXME's". This makes up the
majority of Nautilus bugs (959 at current count).