[Nautilus-list] Handling Nautilus in bugzilla

The nautilus product in bugzilla now has 1549 open bugs. Of these 123 are
marked with the GNOME2 keyword. This makes it very hard to use bugzilla
for day-to day fixing of nautilus 2.

A lot of the bugs are about stuff that changed in Nautilus 2, but a lot
of them probably still apply to it. But Nautilus 1 has a completely
different level of feature completion and stability than nautilus 2, so
the open bugs for nautilus 1 are "trivial" enough that we used to ship
with them. The nautilus 2 bugs instead are of the form "It crashes when i
close a window" and "It crashes when i open preferences".

So, i propose that we split the nautilus module into a two modules, called
perhaps nautilus1 and nautilus2, or maybe nautilus and nautilus1. Then we
move all the GNOME2 marked bugs to nautilus2 and the rest to nautilus1.

This way we can use bugzilla effectively for nautilus2, and we don't lose
the open bugs against nautilus1. Then we can slowly progress through the
nautilus1 bugs and move the ones that affect nautilus2 to the nautilus2
module as time goes by.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a world-famous dishevelled gangster haunted by an iconic dead American
confidante She's a wealthy out-of-work former first lady with her own daytime
radio talk show. They fight crime!