Re: [Nautilus-list] Creating Launchers with Nautilus. Potensial patch.

> > To summarize for those who haven't followed the entire discussion:
> > 1. I've created a patch that lets Nautilus create launcher-files.
> > 2. gnome_desktop_item_save() does not support vFolders, which is used by
> > the menu-system, so I started to look at a work-around.
> > 3. I have a workaround that seems exceptionally hacky, bad and silly, but
> > sort of works for some cases. My workaround is a function
> > "gnome_desktop_item_safe_vfolder()".
>
> What does this function do? Change the contents of the desktop file?

First, s/safe/save.

Well.. gnome_desktop_item_save saves a desktop-file to a given location.
gnome_desktop_item_save_vfolder appears to do the same, but instead it
saves the desktop-file to HOMEDIR/.gnome2vfolders/applications, with the
"Categories" field based on the path given to it.
For instance, if the path given is applications:///Games, then the
categories will be Application;Games;

Conceptually this should work, apart from not fixing drag and drop.
However there still seems to be problems.
Manually changing the categories will still not make it appear in for
instance applications:///Internet.

Gaute Lindkvist