Re: PATCH for some random stuff.

One reason for this dialog can be inferred from the last line, where it
says: "This will clobber the stored manual layout".

One reason for "clobbering the stored manual layout" is that it might
seem strange if all of the users icons suddenly moved around after they
executed one drag and drop operation...

So *if* we wanted to remove this dialog, we would also need to address
these issues.