Re: PATCH for some random stuff.

Well we are getting into a bigger issue here. Basically I see the only
real solution being windows style automatic layout, so that users can
rearrange icons while keeping them in tight grids. However given the
current ui, this dialog makes my daily work a major pain.

from
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig/alert-windows.

"Alerts are distinct from dialogs in that they are not directly
requested by the user. As they are an unwelcome intrusion into the
user's work, they should be avoided."

I'd say this alert, more than any alert in all of gnome, violates this
principle.

dave