Re: Configuration server couldn't be contacted

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 16:21, Dave Lawrence wrote:
> > Come to think of it, I was logged in on both computers simultaneously...
> > can that break my nautilus configuration??
>
>         Bingo - that's the problem.
>
> > Eel-WARNING **: GConf error:
> >   Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
> >  Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
> > IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL
> > URE:1.0
> > (this is printed 244 times)
>
>         GConf has a very elegant architecture, but it is per user - and thus
> the client on each machine needs to be able to contact the server
> wherever it is. If you feel happy about your firewall, you can enable
> TCP/IP networking by adding ORBIIOPIPv4=1 to ~/.orbitrc, then if you
> kill all gconfd-2's you will be able to login multiple times.

OK, I added the line you suggested to ~/.orbitrc (actually, I created
~/.orbitrc with only that line).  I checked to see if any gconfd-2's were
running (they weren't and I only see gconfd-1 in my path and that was
also not running).  I then tried to run nautilus again, with the same
results.  By the way, the 2nd computer that I started X on has been
turned off for a day, so I am not currently trying to run nautilus on
two computers simultaneously.  I've even rebooted my computer
since then... so the problem is in a configuration file in my directory.

Thanks...

                                Dave