Re: [Galeon-devel] Nautilus view and mime types

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 15:15, Ricardo Fernández Pascual wrote:
> (CCing the nautilus list, I'm sure that they can help us here)
>
> El jue, 06-06-2002 a las 14:50, Marco Pesenti Gritti escribió:
>
> > Ok we (philipl and I) reached a sort of agreement on a impl like this.
> >
> > Content Handler send a GaleonEmbed mime signal like
> >
> > gboolean mime (url, type);
> >
> > The nautilus view connect that signal, compare the mime with the list of
> > types handled by nautilus. If it's matched it opens it in nautilus and
> > return TRUE, otherwise return FALSE and the url is handled by mozilla
> > embed.
> >
> > Ok ?
>
> Yes, ok, but how are you going to know what mime types are handled by
> nautilus? I depends of the installed views, etc.

I think it's possible to do it with gnome-vfs ... I should check if my
guess is right though.

> And even if a mime type is not handled by nautilus, that doesn't mean
> that galeon should handle it. At least not always. Nautilus may want to
> ask the user if he wants to download it or open it with some program...

Well, galeon (the galeon view) would be already asking the user these

> What about having a list of mime types handled by the galeon view and
> letting nautilus decide what to do with the rest of types?

According to philip it's not possible to have a static list of types
handled by galeon/mozilla.

Also how downloads would work in this way ?

Marco