Re: Help, help, help!!!

Hi Damian,

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 12:47, Damian Dobroczynski wrote:
> (including kernel I think,
> because I couldn't reboot my computer via net (telnet) --- tcp is dead!)

	If you can't ping the machine, then the kernel is dead; this is not a
Gnome issue there should be no possible way for Gnome to crash the
machine.

> KDE  sessions are OK till some program based on Mozilla engine runs. This moment
> is very risky because THIS happend several times during KDE session.

	Sounds like a Mozilla problem; you're not using some asian language and
huge font sizes that's blowing X ?

> Some words about Nautilus: icons are gone, the program launched by hand
> starts working and nothing more. Nothing popups, no windows, no messages in
> var/log/messages, no messages on terminal (besides "GnomeVFS-WARNING **:
> Unable to convert MIME info from UTF-8 to the current locale pl. MIME info
> will probably display wrong").

	Run 'oaf-slay', rm -Rf /tmp/orbit-$USER; killall -9 gconfd-1; killall
-9 gconfd-2

	And then try again.

	Beyond that you may have some file system corruption, verify all your
RPMS.

	Regards,

		Michael.