Re: Nautilus bugs and design choices (back-button)

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 01:31, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:

> At our site I'm pretty sure that you'll find nearly no person using the
> filemanager or the mail client delivered by Sun. Why? IMHO those apps are
> that heavily reduced in functionality, that teletubby-proven that you gain
> zero/null/nada/nix/keine efficient by using them. Most of the persons
> you'll find there will have choosen a pure terminal over Sun's file
> managers (even if they really hate it to use a shell) and I bet really
> _all_ of them will use a mailclient like Pine or the Netscrape Messenger
> instead of Sun's stuff.

That's because someone *taught* them to open a terminal and type "pine"
to read their email. Not because the desktop sucks. They did not find
Pine themselves and think "mmmh.. this sounds like a cool mail program!"

The majority of people is *not* interested in how a computer works, they
just want to get this email sent, or this document written. And they do
it the way they always did. Usually it is the way *someone* taught them
to do it the first time years ago.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::