Re: Having idl compile problems on Solaris

Hi Peter,

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 21:58, Peter O'Shea wrote:
> I'm trying to compile nautilus 2.0.0 on a Solaris 8 ultrasparc.  All
> other gnome2 packages have compiled
> pretty smoothly, with the exception of problems with
> bind_textdomain_codeset.  I'm installing gnome2
> under my home directory, so am configuring with --prefix, but nothing else.

	Well - as you notice, orbit-idl-2 runs the X pre-processor, ( and
post-executes indent ) - although in fact libIDL does the
pre-processing.

	So - I guess you might have some wierdness going on in your flags
perhaps; specific to Nautilus - which turns on a lot of warning checking
(good).

	If you do an truss -f orbit-idl-2 <whatever> and grok it for 'exec' you
might see what parameters are being sent to the pre-processor that it
isn't liking more clearly.

	HTH,

		Michael.