Re: Reducing the number of special uris in gnome

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, James Henstridge wrote:

> From: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
> Subject: Re: Reducing the number of special uris in gnome
>
> Things like gconfd-2 should probably be under $(prefix)/libexec, as
> should the majority of the out of process bonobo components that should
> not be executed directly (ie. they are activated specially by a library
> or another process).  Not so sure about the control panels, as they
> _are_ directly callable.
>
> James.

Yes, but no sane person should execute them directly. And those who do
want to, can always put the dir in their PATH. I think it would be a
good thing to reduce the number of gnome binaries in $prefix/bin. That
is, only have actual programs that the average user would execute from
the command line (a category which I don't think capplets fall in).

Kind regards,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                  UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny