Re: geometry updates ...

Hi Alex,

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 15:30, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> The reason for this was given by David Watson. The real question is why
> saving the metadata keeps relayouting the views. That sounds like the
> actual bug to me.

	If the metadata gets changed, then it emits a 'changed' signal, which
then causes the view to be re-layed out - clearly, otherwise emblem
changes etc. wouldn't be reflected in the views.

	It seems daft to me to be saving the metadata, and pushing that file to
disk every idle we get a configure event. Switching desktop thus does a
load of disk operation we can do without on laptops :-)

	Regards,

		Michael.