Re: [Nautilus-list] Constructive Criticism Revisted

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 18:09, James Mitchell Allmond wrote:
> As I was saying before, the "Places" icons could go along either the
> horizontal or vertical. It could dynamically change depending on the
> dimensions of the window. Here is a image of what it could look like
> along the vertical. I also took the spinner/throbber out and replaced
it
> by a transparent gnome foot. The transparent gnome foot could be
> displayed whenever nautilus is "thinking." However, this could just as
> easily be replaced via the status bar.

I have been following this whole discusion on where to place "places:"
icon.  Well how about the gnome panel or desktop or on tool bar itself (
some already suggested that ).

The best thing to do here is to make nautilus toolbars higly
configurable, exactly the way gnome panel works (too many people have
different tastes ); hey then the gnome panel could then be considered a
detached nautilus toolbar or visa versa.

Now take a look at your picture and the previous picture posted by
someone else again with this idea in mind ( nautilus toolbars ==
nautilus panel ) and you'll see what I mean.

Of course nautilus should come with an extremely simple and very good
standard default toolbar/panel configuration.