Re: [Nautilus-List] Constructive Criticism Revisited

> nautilus is a browser.

Well it shouldn't be. Galeon and Mozilla are browsers. Making Nautilus a
browser accomplishes nothing new. Funny, I was under the impression that
Nautilus was suppose to be a file browser.

> anyway, this whole discussion is pretty much moot at the moment, since
> there is a UI freeze in less than 2 weeks.  this should be brought up
> again in another 2 months when
> a) the head developers can look at it, and
> b) a single interface can be agreed upon that is both efficient and
> intuitive

Then it seems I'm wasting my time. I have work to do and the little
inconvinence caused by a poor file browser doesn't outrank the time I'm
spending to help correct it. Besides, it doesn't seem any mainstream
developers of Nautilus are even engaging in our discussion. If the
current half ass UI is acceptable to them, then I've no hope for
Nautilus and should give up any efforts or hopes for anything else.
Maybe Ximian will supply the gnome desktop with a robust "file browser"
in the future.

I was told beforehand to act on my ideas when it comes to opensource
development. I've done so and would have offered code but it doesn't
seem possible to accomplish anything when the level of compromise and
discussion on this open source project is approximately zero. From what
I can tell, most of the mainstream developers of Nautilus have been mute
in terms of paths that go outside their focus. With that in mind, it
seems obvious that it's not the community (which will mutually share and
use the file browser) who controls the project but rather a small number
of people that monopolize it's development.