Re: [Nautilus-list] Constructive Criticism Revisted

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 06:22, Calum Benson wrote:

> This is much like the idea we talked about a few months back (I forget
> on which mailing list), albeit in reverse, where every window would have
> an icon representing its contents.  You could then drag that icon into
> other windows to perform actions on that document, e.g. drag it onto a
> printer icon to print it, into an email composition window to attach it,
> onto the desktop to create a shortcut to it etc.

When you say "every window", you mean every window, everywhere, right,
not just in Nautilus? (Like, if I'm in a word processor I can drag the
document window's icon onto the printer?)

That could be pretty cool. Seems like just the sort of thing Bonobo's
made for, too.