Re: [Nautilus-list] Another question: nautilus and XALF

On 1/25/02 12:08 AM, "Dan Berger" <dberger ix netcom com> wrote:

> There's been, for some time, a package called xalf
> (http://www.lysator.liu.se/~astrand/projects/xalf/).  Under gmc this
> packaged worked perfectly - but when launching items from desktop
> shortcuts under nautilus, there is no launch feedback (not even the
> invisible window in the taskbar, which I wouldn't expect to depend on
> the file manager at all).
>
> Can any of the folks familiar with the nautilus internals take a swag at
> explaining this?  Is it a known bug in either package?

Nautilus has some code in it that's supposed to support xalf. I have no idea
why the expected launch feedback doesn't happen. You don't need to be
familiar with Nautilus internals to look into this. The process of launching
an item is extremely simple -- see the
nautilus_launch_application_from_command function in
nautilus-program-choosing.c.

It would be great if someone would look into this and find out why it's not
working like the panel does.

    -- Darin