Re: [Nautilus-list] performance and usability

fre 2002-01-25 klockan 07.42 skrev James Mitchell Allmond:
> I hate to be negative but Nautilus is very unusable from a user point of
> view. Even though today's file browsers have to have all the bells and
> whistles, it should not be at the expense of performance. As of now
> nautilus performs so god awful in terms of general speed and
> responsiveness, that's it's unusable and unacceptable as a day to day
> file browser.
[...]

Hi James.

If you had read the archives of this list, you'd know that performerance
is one of the areas where the GNOME 2.0 version of Nautilus is
significantly improved (See Seth's recent mail). So GNOME 2.0 should
bring you a better performerance experience in this regard.

Also, while I think a lot of your criticism is valid, I find the general
negative tone in the mail to be quite disappointing. Nautilus is a
volunteer project and most of the (relatively few) developers are not
paid to be working on Nautilus. If you want some feature that you think
is missing, the best way is to contribute a patch. I'm sure your
contributions are welcome.

Christian