Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus2 performance

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 17:53, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:
> > I'm pleased to report that Nautilus 2 is performing very quickly
> > relative to Nautilus 1!
>
> Hey, nice. I wonder what's causing it?

my guess is that under gnome1.4, nautilus and its libs are swapped in
and out. Very few programs (evolution,etc) where using
bonobo,oaf,vfs,rsvg,gconf,fam so they were swapped out pretty quickly.
You add to swap in everything to open a new nautilus window.

Now those libs are used everywhere, so you don't hit the swap everytime
you want to use nautilus.