Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus applications menu entry

On 1/20/02 5:16 AM, "Seth Nickell" <snickell stanford edu> wrote:

> I'd like to change the name in the Nautilus .desktop file from
> "Nautilus" to "Nautilus File Manager" or perhaps "Home Folder" as per
> the HIG:
>
> http://usability.gnome.org/hig/draft_hig/desktop-integration.html#menu-item-na
> mes
>
> Would this be OK? If so, any suggestions what it should be rennamed to?
> (I'm not sure "File Manager" is such a great name, but perhaps its
> standard enough parlance that we should use it)

I think that "Home Folder" is a good name for a button that causes a window
to open showing your home folder, since most Gnome users will already have
Nautilus running to manage the desktop.

I really don't have strong feelings about this either way -- it seems more
of a Panel issue than a Nautilus issue, and is bound to be tweaked by
distributions anyway. You might want to poll the Red Hat guys to see why
they did what they did for their 7.2 release where they included Nautilus
for the first time. In fact, I think they added the .desktop file as part of
that project.

    -- Darin