Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus for Gnome 2 status report

On 1/3/02 6:27 PM, "John Fleck" <jfleck inkstain net> wrote:

> Should there be a 2.0 milestone created to handle these must fix GNOME
> 2 bugs?

My fault for making this confusing. The "1.1.x" milestone is supposed to be
the "2.0" milestone. Maybe we should talk over the best names for
milestones. I can think of a few categories of bugs:

    a) must fix as soon as possible for both Gnome 1 and Gnome 2 nautilus
    b) must fix soon, but applies only to Gnome 1 nautilus
    c) must fix soon, but only plan to do it for Gnome 2 nautilus
    d) possibility for Gnome 2 nautilus
    e) not planned to work on it any time soon

At the moment, categories (a) and (b) are supposed to be in "1.0.x", (c) is
supposed to be in "1.1.x", and (d) and (e) are supposed to be in "future".

I would have tried to perfect this system even more if I had more confidence
we could get through the bugs soon. Back in the Eazel days I used to use the
bug database carefully, but it's a bit harder with so little time to tweak
it, and without the reporting tools that I had created at bugzilla.eazel.com
that made it easy for me to look at the various milestones.

In any case, perhaps someone can propose a simple set of milestone settings.
The minimum that's required is some easy way to see the set of "must fix or
we aren't ready to ship for Gnome 2" bugs.

    -- Darin