Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus 1.0.6 freezes only as non-root user

On 1/1/02 12:27 PM, "Shane Mueller" <smueller umich edu> wrote:

> On 12/31/01 7:57 AM, "Tim Lee" <tlee37 hotmail com> wrote:
>
>> Nautilus will only run fine as root. If I run it as a non-root user,
>> Nautilus will stall.
>
> I had a similar problem a couple months ago--my problem had something to
> do with the sound device. I had munged up some configuration, so normal
> users no longer had access to my sound device.

I remember now that it was sound in the other case too.

It would be great if someone could track this down and figure out what is
the level that hangs. I seem to recall that the bug was not in Nautilus code
itself but in some lower level. But if this can be corrected by changing
Nautilus code, I'd love to do it.

    -- Darin