Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus 1.0.6 build failed - report

On 1/1/02 6:49 AM, "Mark C. Pawson" <Mark C Pawson student shu ac uk> wrote:

> Kernel 2.4.17 -complied by myself, working very well!
> ORBit-0.5.12 -complied by myself
> bonobo-1.0.17 -complied by myself
> eel-1.0.2 -complied by myself
> gnome-vfs-1.0.3 -complied by myself
> librsvg-1.0.2 -complied by myself
> libxml-1.8.16 -complied by myself
> oaf-0.6.7 -complied by myself

> This completed successfully, I have attached a copy of the console output.  I
> then ran make, which failed.  I have also attached a copy of the make output.

The first step is to extract the error message which caused make to stop
from the make output. This is the error message:

/home/Test/Nautilus-1.0.6/nautilus-1.0.6/src/file-manager/fm-directory-view.
c:5020: undefined reference to `eel_string_list_prepend'

This error indicates a problem using a function from the eel header
eel-string-list.h. Since that is a function that's new to eel 1.0.2 and
wasn't in eel 1.0.1, the most likely problem is that you have a set of older
eel headers on your system, perhaps in some other prefix, that the Nautilus
compile is seeing instead of the eel-1.0.2 headers.

So this is almost certainly a problem specific to your system rather than a
bug in the nautilus or eel package.

    -- Darin