Re: [Nautilus-list] Component Crash Problems

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 09:50, Alex Larsson wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2002, Andrew Burr wrote:
>
> > I am having trouble getting a rpm component to work properly. I am hoping
> > that someone can help me, so I can continue working on it. Right now I am stumped.
> >
> > When I take out the calls to rpmlib, the component acts properly. But when I add
> > the rpmlib calls the component crashes upon loading. I have tried the
> > sequence of rpmlib calls outside the component in a stand alone binary and it
> > works fine. Are there issues with using shared libraries, file descriptors, etc
> > inside a component?
> >
> > Anyone have an idea what is going wrong here?
>
> I didn't look closely at the code, but an educated guess would be that
> it is a threading problem. librpm is not threadsafe to my knowledge.
>
> / Alex

Crap, ok, I'll check into it more.

Can you educate me on the make up of a component/view? All I really am
aware of is that it is out of proc and it is exchanging data through
orbit (aka unix sockets). Does the bonobo/nautilus wrappers add
threading to it?

What are the things I shouldn't do in a component/view?