Re: [Nautilus-list] Patch for Sawfish-workaround

Gaute Lindkvist <lindkvis stud ntnu no> writes:
> Attached is a small patch for eel that makes sure nautilus2 works better
> with old and current versions of sawfish.
> More specifically, dialogs created from the desktop, will not end up
> behind all other windows, unable to be moved to the front.

I think this patch is wrong. If it's correct to set the transient hint
(and it is IMO), then Nautilus should set it.

Whenever interoperation is involved, when two programs start working
around each other everything goes to hell. You have to always fix the
one that doesn't follow the spec. Otherwise you get things like the
X clipboard disaster, which is only now being fixed as people have
learned the lesson through experience.

Havoc