Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus resizing and SVG icons

"Shahms E. King" <shahms shahms com> writes:

> I haven't looked at the code, but I've noticed that resizing SVG icons
> is REALLY slow compared to regular (png) ones.  One would think that it
> would be possible to just scale the rendered pixmap of the SVG when
> resizing the icon and then when the icon loses focus or the
> resize-borders go away, re-render the SVG at the proper scale, this
> would keep interactive performance of the resize the same while retain
> the benefits of the SVG icons.

If you are using Nautilus-1.0.x, you are using some _really_ slow rendering
code for gradients. (Function call and lots of floating point math
per pixel.)

Alex has done some work on speeding this up for the GNOME-2.0 platform;
don't know if this is in CVS yet or not.

Regards,
                                        Owen