Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Zoom to Fit

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 10:39, Darin Adler wrote:
> On 2/4/02 10:38 AM, "Jens Finke" <jens triq net> wrote:
>
> > This works in an opposite way in EOG currently. The window size will be
> > increased to the image size. If the image is larger than the screen it
> > will be zoomed to 75% of the size of the screen.
> >
> > I really like this behavior with regards to the Eog shell. If I start eog
> > and open an image, than I wan to see the image fullsized. It's annyoing to
> > make it fit manually everytime.
> >
> > So do you want to change this completely to the nautilus way? I think
> > this sucks in the eog shell case (but of course is reasonable for
> > nautilus).
>
> I think that the behavior you describe is good for Nautilus too if we are in
> the "open each item in a new window" mode.

Hmm -- I'm not sure about that. If you tend to work with a lot of images
that are about the same size and smaller than your screen (e.g., Jens,
stuff coming from your camera) I think it would be just fine, but
working with everything from 24x24 icons to 4096x3072 photos, I expect
I'd find it disorienting.