[Nautilus-list] Re: Should Nautilus packages and configure script be changed to require EOG?

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:
>     If Nautilus depends on EOG, then we can't create a dependency
> where EOG depends on Nautilus, which could be a problem if we decide
> to use any of the NautilusView features in the EOG component --
> zooming is the one that comes to mind.

To me the argument for the dependency is that image viewing is a
"fundamental" or "Nautilus is sort of broken without it" feature.
However the above point does make sense, so EOG may be analagous to
nautilus-mozilla.

A third road is to stick EOG in the Nautilus package, though I dislike
that as much as anyone else on grounds of modularity/maintenance.

Maybe the solution is to have EOG depend on Nautilus, but make the
error dialog very special-cased and very detailed. Something like "EOG
component was not installed, ask your operating system vendor"

Havoc