Re: [Nautilus-list] Feature request

On 2/1/02 9:45 AM, "Markus Plail" <plail web de> wrote:

> I know everyone is damn busy getting Nautilus ready for Gnome2, but I'd
> like to make a feature request: The main reason why I use mc to copy/move
> files is that often I need to be root. So what I'd like to see is a popup
> when I want to move/copy files to directories to which I do not have write
> rights asking me whether I want to cancel or to give the root password,
> similar to what gnomesu does in a way.

That's a great idea for a feature. It's one of the first things I thought
about when I started actually using Nautilus for my day to day development.

The bug number for this in bugzilla is 65058. If you start working on this
feature, or have some specific suggestions about how it should be done,
please make notes in this bug report so that others can follow your
progress.

    -- Darin