Re: Software installation from applications:

<quote who="Johnathan Bailes">

> After messing with fontilus I got an idea.
>
> Has anyone thought of adding a feature to the applications:// view in
> nautilus so that a user could drag an rpm into the applications menu and
> have a prompt come up for software installation like Mac OS X?
>
> The user would be prompted for the root login if they want to install.

Check out nautilus-rpm -> it doesn't do all of this stuff yet, but it's on
its way. Another Fine Hack from James Henstridge. :-)

- Jeff

--
  "When's the last time you heard of the police having to intervene at an
                   antiquarian book riot?" - Raph Levien