Re: start-here page's icons

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 19:55, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > well, while font-hinting is indeed hard, it's not "fucking hard". :-)
>
> Heh. Sure, turning it on is easy. *Writing* it is haaaaaard. Writing a
> hinter for SVG would be similarly (if not significantly more so) hard.

	Pardon ? I don't believe I understand you at all. I'm suggesting
something fairly trivial in fact - more akin to storing bitmaps inside
fonts for various point sizes - but more likely to be a load of hints on
adjusting various pixel values in the small rendered image at various
sizes.

	The only difficult thing about it - is deciding how to represent that
in XML nicely; oh and perhaps hacking an icon editing / hinting mode
into sodipodi.

	This is not rocket science,

	Regards,

		Michael.