Re: How about News in Nautilus?

Hi Andrea:

We decided to drop the news sidebar from nautilus awhile ago (check out the
archives from april and may for some references). The basic reasoning was two
fold as I remember:

1. We don't currently have a good webview (gtkhtml2 doesn't really support
the features expected of modern web browsers and galeon2 view, based on gtk2
mozilla, is still alpha right now).

2. The news sidebar was sort of inconsistent with the direction the
developers plan to take with nautilus. The somewhat general consensus seems
to be that nautilus should be a file manager/shell and not really a full
blown web browser (imho that is what galeon is for), so it was decided in
this context that the news sidebar just didn't make that much sense for
nautilus.

hope this answers your question.

dave