Re: heavy activity problems

Hi guys,

On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 19:50, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> [nautilus crashes and respawns in low memory conditions]

	Hmm; this is bad.

> I can reproduce this behaviour here (nautilus 2.0.3).

	Can you ? can you get some stack traces ? also, it's best to try and
repeat stuff with the latest gnome-vfs [ on the gnome-2-0 branch ] and
HEAD nautilus.

> Looks like nautilus does not like to be swapped out ...

	I suspect gnome-vfs threading / locking issues - I fixed another one
only the other day; and I imagine there are more in there [ NB. for
threading fans, gnome-vfs has a really simple threading model ]. I
imagine the swapping merely exacerbates, timing issues that we can't see
otherwise. But the OOM killer is also a pretty prime suspect,

	It'd be really nice to have stack traces - that is if you can get cores
out of it; you prolly need to set ulimit -c unlimited, and then 'thread
apply all bt' in gdb.

	Thanks,

		Michael.