Re: File renaming

I don't think so because it doesn't happen if I create a folder on the
desktop, only if I create it in a window. I use my home dir as the
desktop[1] so creating a folder on the desktop works, but creating it in
a window viewing my home dir doesn't work. Might be a difference in the
desktop/normal views. This happens both in list and icon view for
windows.

- Frank

[1] yes I was finally convinced to do this. it rocks. I recommend 'alias
ls=ls --ignore="*.desktop"' for anyone who wants to try it who uses
terminals a lot.