Re: Thankyou.

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 10:56, Johnathan Bailes wrote:
> Sure integrating it into the shell would be nice but why?
>
> The gnome-search-tool is there why not use it?  Why reinvent the wheel?

As a user I have to say having to search out the search search tool is
counter intutive.  It realy should not be a seperate item than Nautilus
other than as an extra for people who do not use Nautilus.  Truth is I
always pictured the search tool as a stopgap messure until full search
could be integrated into Nautilus.  From time to time the search tool
has moved in the menus.  Having it in nautilus is the logical place to
look.  In fact it would be nice to be able to execute searches directly
in the location bar and then be able to bookmark these searches or make
vfolders out of them.  I also hate seeing my searches come back as a
plain text list.  I would much rather have them come back as icons under
Nautilus. Selecting the icon would then give me the full path of the
file in the sidebar.  Furthermore, should naultilus and the Gnome file
chooser ever get merged (I would love to see a file chooser with the
functionality of Nautilus) the functionality of searching would be right
at my fingertips in every Gnome program I use.  How is that for
codereuse and not reinventing the wheel?