Re: Theme dir..

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 13:31, bordoley msu edu wrote:
> Yes kill nautilus themes, I hqve some more comments too

Mr. Pruning Saw :^)

Good comments though :)

> i agree here too...although some users do like be able to set per directory
> backgrounds. windows does this as well i believe.

Yeah, lets not kill everything too quick. There are many uses for those
"unneccessary" things that we have just not thought of, since we have
not had a real, working file manager / desktop too long. Like I could
set a [DRAFT] background to a folder that contains pre-release stuff,
and [CONFIDENTIAL] for all the s3kr1t Ximian conspiracy work* etc etc..

There are uses for all those visual candy once you start to think of
Nautilus as your primary way of poking at files. I use the terminal less
and less these days. Try to have a week without using the terminal at
all. Before you say it is not realistic, remember that this is what
*new* users are going to do since they do not know how to use one.. a
good thing to think about.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::