Re: [Nautilus-list] Unncess. Preference

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 09:30, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> Speaking of that, what do you think of  the
> shadow-on-unselected-icon-labels -thing andersca was playing with? I
> think it would be a good idea. For the record, OSX does not even change
> the icon label color depending on the wallpaper, it just has white
> labels with a drop shadow.
>
> Now having a proper dropshadow would be utterly cool, but I understand
> it might be a bit hard to implement, so just having an offset black text
> under the white label might be enough. It really improves the icon
> labels readability on a photograph wallpaper for example.
>
> Tig

I asked about this a while ago. Before Xmas on IRC. I also tried to rais
the topic again the other day but didn't get any feedback. I would LOVE
this feature as it really does make the desktop icon labels much more
readable (and cool looking). IIRC from what was said before xmas though
it does slow things down.

--
Glen Gray             Software Engineer